Addressed by One FMGE (MCI SCREENING TEST) Aspirant who cleared exam in March 2013.
I recently, cleared March 2013 FMGE exam with two months dedicated preparation. I really mean two months because I finished MD in 2009 from Ukraine and thereafter, I joined clinical fellowship in Europe. I would like to emphasize how I prepared for an exam and I hope the following steps may help other FMGE aspirants.
You should really believe yourself that you can clear the exam with your hard work and some essential basics.
- I started reading PSM FMGE and DNB questions and it took almost 7 days to complete.
- After PSM I started PROAFS FMGE questions only and it took me only 3 days to complete.
- Thirdly, I go through KAMAL KV basic notes which is very brief for following subjects.
Physiology KAMAL KV basic notes I guess around 7 to 8 pages and thereafter I did KAMAL KV FMGE questions on the same day.
Next day I took Biochemistry read KAMAL KV basic notes also around 9 pages and thereafter I did KAMAL KV FMGE questions on the same day.
and the Pattern of Study continuous for following subjects.
- a- Pathology (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only)
- b- Microbiology (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
- c- Pharmacology (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
- d- Medicine (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
- e- Surgery (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
- f- Opthal (Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
- g- Obs and Gyne ((Kamal KV notes followed by FMGE Q only )
I only did Kamal KV FMGE questions for remaining subjects like ENT, Pediatrics, Forensic medicine.
Most important thing in my study plan was 3 times revision plan for each subject and I stick to it till the end and I managed to do it.
Last week before exam schedule.
1- One day preparation for PSM
2- One day preparation for PROAFS
3- One day preparation for Pre-clinical subjects (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem)
3- One day preparation for Pre-clinical subjects (Pathology, Pharma, micro)
4- One day preparation for Clinical subjects (Medicine, Surgery)
5- One day preparation for Clinical subjects (Opthal. Obs and Gyne)
6- One day for other subjects like, ENT, FM, Pediatrics.
7- One day final revision for all subjects.
I left anatomy basic notes but did FMGE questions thoroughly.
Again I stress that you need to revise at least three times before exam. Also, you should strongly determine and trust your-self that you can pass the exam no matter how different the exam pattern is. Last but not least at-least 2 minutes to Almighty per day.
I am sure everyone can pass the exam with dedication. There is no other loophole.
Congrats to all those who passed FMGE 2013 march exam and good luck future FMGE aspirants.
ALL THE BEST